THE AMERICAN LEGION
Veterans Service Organization
American Legion Post 115 Flagler
PO Box 1731, Bunnell, FL (386) 585-5302
- Eligibility open to Legionnaires and Sons of The American Legion members (up to $3,000) Legion Posts (up to $10,000).
- Applicant must have been displaced from their primary residence due to a declared natural disaster and provide proof of out-of-pocket expenses.
- Not meant to replace or repair items, only to meet most immediate needs (i.e., temporary housing, food, water, clothing, diapers, etc.)
- Does not cover insurance compensation or monetary losses from a business, structures on your property (barns, tool sheds, etc.,) equipment or vehicles.
- Membership must be active at time of disaster and the time of application.
- Application must be received within 90 days of disaster.
- Disaster must be a "declared" natural disaster for Legion Family members.
- Supporting data (photos, receipts, repair estimates, etc.) should be included if at all possible or statements (testimony) from post/district/department officers attesting to damages.
- Only one grant per household.
- Post grants must derive from a declared natural disaster and substantiating documentation must provide that The American Legion post will cease to perform the duties and activities in the community due to losses sustained